Monday, March 1, 2010


Well a lot as been going on since my last post. We have had quite a bit of daycare drama. We have had a wonderful experience with the Hutchinson High School daycare that the boys have been going to however with the new increased pressure that the director has been under at the daycare the hours were just not working out well for us. We decided that it would be best to find a daycare that would allow us to pick up the boys anytime before 5:30. I found a new facility in town that was going to allow us until 6 PM to pick up the boys and they seemed like they were going to be a great fit for us with their activities and staff. WRONG! We took the boys the first day and decided that it was not going to be good for us or them. They stayed for just under 6 hours before I pulled them out and we will NEVER go back. As a parent you know what is good for you and your children and we really didn't get that vibe from these people. We are very thankful that we have grandparents that are able to help us out when we make decisions like this one. The boys stayed with Grandma's for the rest of the week while Erin and I scrambled to find our boys new daycare. We found a person that had an opening and we thought it was going to work out great. However, she ended up backing out on us the Saturday before their first week! It was a stressful mess to find ourselves in again for the second week in a row! We really were not feeling good about splitting up the boys but we were just sure we were going to have to because of the lack of daycare's that met our standards, and also had an opening for each age group. Through an amazing amount of luck we seemed to have stumbled upon an amazing provider that had an opening for Kale immediately and a drop in spot available for Maks right now and a permanent e spot for his starting up in just a month! The other great thing is that although she is an in-home daycare she has subs which allows her to be open all year round and also in the event of illness!! And they are much closer to our house than some of the other locations that we looked at.

Along with the stress of finding new childcare, Maks got tubes today. He had really been having lots of problems with the fluid on his ears and was just miserable. Each time we would put him on antibiotics he would get better for a short period of time and then start to get fussy again. We met with Dr. Epp who has just been wonderful for us. He was very level headed when he spoke to us and was very pleasing to the boys (I had to take Kale with me due to lack of daycare :) ). Maks was first on the schedule this morning so we had to be in at 6 AM. Starting at midnight last night Maks couldn't eat anything either. So we woke him right before and let him eat. Since his ears had been bothering him he woke at 4:30 and was not going to go back to bed! It sure made for a early morning! Kale was quite the little entertainer for his brother during the waiting period before the surgery. He had packed his book bag of stuff and was showing it all to Maks and keeping him happy. Up until the moment of the surgery Maks stayed happy and content with us. He was very good. Kale was actually upset when the nurse came to take his brother away even though Maks couldn't have cared less! The procedure took less than 20 min and we were back with him. We made it back home before 8 AM. Erin stayed home with the boys today and they both seem to be doing just fine. Hopefully, this will help Maks and prevent future infections! We will just see with time.

Well I need to get somethings around for the boys to start their new daycare, or "school" as Kale calls it, tomorrow. So I guess since everyone is asleep and Erin is at racquetball now would be a good time to start!

No comments:

Dreiling Family Slide Show! Compiled December 2010